SugaredKittie's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Most Dangerous Game

+2
Lindy
SugaredKittie
6 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The Most Dangerous Game - Page 3 Empty Re: The Most Dangerous Game

Post  SugaredKittie Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:22 pm

Fola's eyes widened as she exhaled slowly. "Alright..." she murmured as she turned to the people beside her. "Xia, Freeman get Adilah and go. Lyn, Alice, Gabriel get the others who are near you and follow Freeman and Xia. Quickly." she grabbed Freeman's arm tightly. "Find a place near the treeline and find it quick but keep Adilah calm. Tell her it's a game. Some building or some cave just anything to hide in. Just do it quickly and please don't ask questions right now. I'll be right behind you."

Fola pushed him to run as she stood between her retreating group and the soldiers. "Where are all the children anyway...?" she asked the soldiers but she almost thought she knew the answer.
SugaredKittie
SugaredKittie
Admin

https://sugaredkittie.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  knight_ac195 Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:56 pm

The officer speaks again, "Ah one more thing. Any children and elderly or sick can come with us. They will be taken to a safe, secure location. We are not barbarians after all." He smiles and greets all the people that wouldn't survive. "Yes ma'am just wait with the men by the chopper we will get you home." After the last pass by him he turns to Fola. "One minute dear... well 30 seconds now..."
knight_ac195
knight_ac195

Back to top Go down

Post  Lindy Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:01 pm

Xia looks back quickly smarting off "You all need to be in a "safe and secure" location your sick in the head!" She turns to Freeman with a cocky smile on her face knowing she has made an enemy with them. Remembering they were going to hide she looks at him "Where do we go?"
Lindy
Lindy

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Crimson Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:15 pm

Freeman looked at Fola as she grabbed his arm and then shoved him with a wtf look. After hearing her he nodded and looked at xia, "To the tree line for cover." He grabbed adilah by the arm gently and took off for the tree line.
Lord Crimson
Lord Crimson

Back to top Go down

Post  SugaredKittie Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:18 pm

Fola pursed her lips before she grabbed Xia's arm. "Let's go. Now..." she murmured as she turned and ran after Freeman and Adilah.
SugaredKittie
SugaredKittie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  KissTxhxeRain Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:21 am

Alice bit her lower lip, following the crowd of people. The haunting words the solder's spoke, of being hunted like deer, frightened her. Glancing back and forth between people, she felt a sort of comfort knowing Fola seemed as if she had everything figured out.

As if to be a different person, Gabriel's attitude completely changed. Very focused, he looked to Freemen.

"If they found us once, they'll find us again. This is their island, after all..."
KissTxhxeRain
KissTxhxeRain

Back to top Go down

Post  SugaredKittie Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:28 am

Fola grabbed Gabriel's arm as she finally caught up to them. "This is our island too." She answered seriously as she pointed out a dense section of forest. "We will survive. I won't let us be hunted like animals. We will fight, we will win, and we will survive. But first we survive the night then we work on making this a working team. There's always hope, don't give up now."

Fola's words were meant to comfort and give strength but in her heart they felt like stones. They weren't ready for this but they have to be. She would have to be. Someone would have to be the voice of reason during this moment of fear.
SugaredKittie
SugaredKittie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Crimson Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:38 pm

Freeman looked at gabriel and fola as they spoke still holding on to adilah as they entered the first row of trees. After hearing what fola said to gabriel he nodded,"she is right this is or island, our home now even, we will make it through this and through the night we WILL SURVIVE THIS!" Freeman meaning everything he said and tried to bring hope to the people around him.
Lord Crimson
Lord Crimson

Back to top Go down

Post  Lindy Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:44 pm

Xia turned as Fola grabbed her "its not like they heard me" she giggled running to the trees with them "this is true we are gonna have to make this our home see there is a small cave or something over there in the distance hidden" Xia pointed to the right behind some thick branches and bushes"
Lindy
Lindy

Back to top Go down

Post  SugaredKittie Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:01 pm

Fola huffed as they ran. It had been a long time since she had to do a lot of running and Xia's hint of a cave sounded almost to good to be true. "I'll go ahead and scout it out. If we saw the cave this easily one has to think that the soldiers know of it too." With that she sprinted ahead to scout out the cave.

As she neared it she slowed, using the foliage as cover in hopes to hide from anyone that might be watching the cave. Her hope for a good shelter vanished as she realized it wasn't a cave at all, just some pile of rocks where the wind had gouged out a shallow inlet. It was enough cover from possible rain but the wind still hit against the rocks and would be too cold for any real shelter, but it worked for now. She pursed her lips for a moment before she turned and ran back to the group.

"Sadly it's not a cave, but it's enough shelter to cover us from above. We should get out of sight of those helicopters and those rocks would be enough for now. Try and get everyone up under there if you can, it might be a little squishy. I'll take Gabriel with me back to the city in a round about way. I saw some buildings right on the edge that looked like they would be somewhat useable for shelter. Plus I want to find that supply of food and water. If it's as much as they say it is we can maybe portion it small enough that it will last for two maybe three meals. We gotta make it last, we don't have a choice, at least not until we can get our own food." Fola was talking to Freeman and Xia. "Freeman, try and keep the group together. Xia if you can find someone who knows a little about picking wild berries we might be able to supplement those in to the meals to maybe prolong the supplies we have."
SugaredKittie
SugaredKittie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lindy Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:51 pm

"Alright ill see what i can do" Xia said as she looked around not knowing who to ask or where to start.
Lindy
Lindy

Back to top Go down

Post  knight_ac195 Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:57 pm

The officer looks at the group of people gathered by the soldiers and turns as one of the two soldiers with him approaches him. "Sir... are we really going to take them home?"

The officer glances at the people again "No Lieutenant... you know what to do with them. Good luck and good hunting. Make us proud back at the HQ."

The soldier laughs "Yes sir!" He snaps to attention and salutes and when the officer returns the salute and walks off he calls his men over. "Listen up guys, we get the honor of the first hunt. Lets make sure that we set the standard really high. They are constantly looking for new additions for the game here and we need to make the brass proud. First we have to get these people somewhere 'safe' then we can hunt." The other soldiers laugh and begin checking their equipment.

The officer walks back to where the helicopter has now landed and starts to climbs aboard. He is quickly approached by one of the group. "Wait! Aren't you taking us with you? You said you were going to take us somewhere safe!" The officer smiles at her. "Of course we are my dear, there is just not enough room in this tiny chopper. There is another one on the way for you. I have to go now please step back and I will see all of you when you arrive at my base." He pats her shoulder and gently steers her away from the chopper and back to the group.

He re-boards the chopper and signals the pilot to lift off. As the chopper lifts from the ground and joins the attack choppers in flying back over the forest the co-pilot turns to him. "I apologize sir we must have missed your command to contact base for another transport for the people there. I will get right on it." He reaches for the radio but stops short as the officer speaks, "No son, you didn't miss anything... There will be no other chopper for them, I'm not bringing those freaks back to society. Head back to base, we don't want to miss out on the fun of watching from the cameras do we?" He leans back in his seat and closes his eyes for the short ride back to the carrier group.

The Lieutenant breaks off from his squad and walks to the group. "Ok folks I need you to listen to me now. I need you to get in an orderly line..." The group looks around nervously and starts shifting a bit "Now no worries folks we just need an accurate head count and cannot do this if you're all in a group." He smiles convincingly and hears a smattering of agreement from them. They slowly get into a orderly set of lines and await his next word. "Ok let's see here..." He whistles softly and activates his radio. "One to Lead you have a copy?"

"Lead here, go One"

"Lead we have one hundred plus wanting extraction. Suggestions?"

"Wait one... set laser transponder at group and we will get it handled on this end."

"Copy lead, one out." He walks back to the group. "Alright here is how this is going to work. I need to you to wait here, make yourselves comfortable." He turns to his soldiers, "Sergeant! I need the one of the transponders!" The sergeant jogs over and hands a small box to him then returns to the others who quickly grab their gear and wait for the Lt. "This is a transponder that sends a signal to my fleet so they will know where to pick you up. It is imperative that you do not leave this area or you may not get picked up. OK I have to go with my men now. Just sit tight and we will have you all on the way home in a few minutes, ok?" The people nod and he activates the transponder and sets it on the ground by them. He walks back to his men "Ok guys we have to move, go slow til we hit the forest then double time. We don't want to spook them into moving." The squad nods and they begin walking to the forest. The Lt activates his radio "Two, One. Go to rendezvous point Alpha-Four-Delta-Two in four hours, copy?"

Two acknowledges his radio and looks back into his scope, scanning the streets from his rooftop. He stops suddenly as he sees a man run across the street. He takes a quick breath and squeezes the trigger, watching in silent satisfaction as his bullet drops the man in his tracks a large hole in his chest. He activates his radio on a second frequency. "Two here that makes seven..."

"Two, Five. Nice shooting I'm at four and I know Three and Four are at five each."

"Nice shooting guys! Alright pack up get to the rendezvous point, we have four hours. Two out" When all units acknowledge he packs up his rifle and begins moving out of the building towards the regroup point.

10 minutes later

The captain of the guided missile cruiser Vengeance looks out the windows at the rest of the fleet gathered two miles off the island. "Do we have a solution?" The executive officer turns from the firing station. "Yes Captain, solution acquired. Ready to fire." The Captain hesitates momentarily and whispers "The poor bastards wont even know what hit them...Fire."

On deck of the cruiser a surface to surface cruise missile launches out of its tube and turns towards the island. Quickly reaching its top speed of 500mph it streaks over the forest before flying straight up and turning down to target the transponder. The group on the ground barely have time to look up and scream before the missile slams into the ground destroying everyone and everything in a 500ft radius.
knight_ac195
knight_ac195

Back to top Go down

Post  Poisyn Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:14 pm

Lyn had reached for Adilah when she moved away from her but only gripped air. She was stuck with the option of taking Ava closer to the soldiers and getting the stray child back or protecting Ava. She knew that if she went any closer to the soldiers, she would do something to them, even if it was just spitting in their faces.

Ava on the other hand was not going to go any closer, no matter what Lyn said or did.

Luckily, Xia, Fola and Freeman took care of Adilah for her. Lyn decided the best course of action would be to go with Fola and the others and began to look for Mr. Destin.

"Wait, wait!" Ava started dragging her feet when Lyn pulled her away from the soldiers offering them a ride home. "Aren't we going with them?"

Lyn blinked back at her. "Do you trust someone who calls you a freak and says they're going to hunt you down?"

"But-!"

"Anyway, lets find your Dad for now."

Mr. Destin was talking to some other parents, his face taunt.

Lyn bit her lip as she approached, knowing they were probably getting to same conclusion she was about their children.
"Mr. Destin, I guess you've heard the Guards over there."

Destin had. His face wasn't just taunt. It was white and his jaw was shaking.

Lyn continued, recognizing that look as one that someone couldn't talk while wearing. "We're going with Fola's group. They went-"

She was cut off by
Destin's nod before he grabbed Ava's arm (hard too by the way the teen complained) and stomped after the retreating group. He let go of Ava when Fola ran ahead to look at the 'cave' and paced back and forth. Ava looked shocked and more than a little afraid, going back to the calm tower that was Lyn.

Except that Lyn wasn't a tower of calm. Her insides were churning like the the milk that would soon be butter. 'What will I turn into?'
She was hungry, which made her irritated, but she need to keep her head for Adilah, Ava, and-
"Oh! Hullo Alice! Another addition to the A-team!"
She raised her hand as soon as Xia was assigned the job of finding berries. "Miss Xia, Mr. Destin over here knows about berries."

Destin looked over at Lyn as she offered him up, but she indicated Ava with a tilt of her head and looked out of the side of her eyes. He seemed to calm as he looked at his oldest daughter before nodding to Lyn. He needed to get rid of his anger and energy.

Last edited by Poisyn on Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Poisyn
Poisyn

Back to top Go down

Post  SugaredKittie Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:22 pm

Fola ducked automatically as she heard the rocket fly overhead. Her fear came to life as she heard the missile slammed into the ground. She stated, wide eyed, in horror as she saw the smoke rise from the impact site; it was where they had just been. She stared for a long moment before she ducked low, sprinting away from the group back towards the city. They hadn't gone far to their "safe" spot so it wouldn't take her long to return to the site.

Fola uses the forest and the bushes to keep herself as hidden as possible though she wasn't happy about the noise she was making, but there wasn't much she could do about it. She ran all the way back to where they had woken up and covered her mouth in horror. It was worse than she feared. There, where the group had gathered to join the soldiers for "safety", was a crater where the missle had landed. She knew every one of the people that had been there were dead.

"How could they...." She gasped out as she turned from the sight only to catch a glimpse of the retreating back of what she was certain was a soldier. Suddenly, something inside her snapped, and her urge to survive kicked in. She followed him to see if anyone was near him; he was alone. She glared at him and suddenly rushed him. He was like any other solider, gun in his hands, knife on his belt, armor and helmet, everything a normal soldier would have. She rushed in, aiming low for the knife on his belt. She got him by surprise and was able to snag the knife. He kicked her, getting her in her gut and sending her rolling backwards. She scrambles to her feet and dove behind a boudler just as the soldier fired. She panted heavily, this was a mistake, she shouldn't have done it and now she's fighting for her life. She rolled out just as he came around the side to shoot again and she sliced at his knee and barely tearing the fabric, but she rolled past him and jumped to her feet; he turned and shot.

She should have been dead, the bullet should have passes through her heart, but in that one moment a shimmering shield phased in and stopped the bullet before shattering. It surprised both of them but Fola recovered first and ducked low and aimed the knife at his crotch. He deflected it with the butt of his gun just like she hoped. She deflected the knife right into his femoral artery; she had won. Blood washed over her hands as she yanked the knife free and jumped away from him but didn't leave. She watched him die. Then she stripped him of all of his stuff.

One of the boys that had followed her and the group came up from behind. "Fola...?"

"James...! She gasped out. They stood there looking at each other for a moment. James's eyes flickered to the dead body of the soldier and questions flashed over his face but he didnt say anything. He just walked over and helped her strip the soldier of his gear and lifted some of it himself.

"Let's get this back then you can look for those supplies. This will help us a lot." James sai before he turned and went back.

Fola let out a breath of air and followed him quietly, still pondering over the shield that saved her life.
SugaredKittie
SugaredKittie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  knight_ac195 Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:02 pm

The squad in the forest stops when they hear the gunshots. The Lieutenant turns "Corporal, go check that out and report back." The corporal salutes and sprints off back towards the clearing stopping short and dropping to a knee behind some bushes as he catches Fola and James entering the trees again. He moves as quietly as he can getting to within 10 feet of them on their right side before standing. "Well looky what I have here... two freaks all to myself. Judging by the gear you are carrying and the blood on you I guess you tasted a kill not too long ago. Thrilling isn't it to watch the life leave someone's eyes?" He raises his automatic rifle and takes aim. "Too bad you won't be able to enjoy your little victory, freak."
knight_ac195
knight_ac195

Back to top Go down

Post  Lindy Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:35 pm

Xia looked at them pacing back and forth trying to figure out what to do when she hears Lyn speaking with her. "Mr. Destin please can you see about finding something for them to eat im not hungry at the moment and not sure why because i was when we first woke up.." Hearing gunshots startled her as she looked in the direction Fola went. "That doesnt sound good everyone stay low and hidden, Freeman should someone go check on her?" Xia said trying to hide the panic in her voice.
Lindy
Lindy

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Crimson Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:00 pm

As all the explosions and rumbling and chaos that was ensuing around the little cave that they were in Freeman tried to keep everyone calm and kept everyone huddled together trying to make everyone feel safe. Freeman looked at Xia, "yeah someone should. I guess I will do it." freeman stood up and looked back at everyone and nodded as he exited the cave. As he took a step out he took a deep breath trying to get back the feeling he had when he first activated his abilities. After a few minuets he got frustrated and stamped his foot and cursed. As he looked around he began trying to hear where Fola was. After running around not finding really anything he stopped for air and as he was out of breath he took a deep breath and exhaled slowly and suddenly he could hear Fola faintly. He ran in that direction only in time to see Fola and james standing over the soldier, "What in the world is going on Fola?"

Last edited by Lord Crimson on Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lord Crimson
Lord Crimson

Back to top Go down

Post  Poisyn Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:44 pm

Lyn grabbed Ava, Alice, Adilah, Tammy and Jared when the explosion rocked their small shelter, shoving them into the most stable part of the cave. She had grown up in Ireland while the Irish Revolutionary Army was still doing car bombs and gas explosions. She used her body as a sort of shield between the teens and the explosion site until Jared pushed at her, looking around for his twin.
"Hey, where is James?"

Destin waited for a moment before letting his breath return to normal. "I'll need some volunteers to help me look." No one was quick to raise their hands. "I'll just need one." People shifted around and looked at the other survivors next to them. Finally Destin closed his eyes and pointed at an Asian girl with brown hair and green eyes. "Come on."

"Uh, actually..." She turned and spoke to a man that could be her brother in Japanese. He sighed before getting up and dusting himself off. She turned back to Destin. "Kota is actually a whole lot better at finding berries than me. He's not very fluent in English though." And with that, she turned to go back to talking to the red head next to her.

Kota was already leaving and Destin, though he knew how dangerous it was to be grouped with someone who couldn't understand what he was saying, knew it was a lot more dangerous for Kota to be out alone. They paused outside the shelter next to Freeman, listening to the gunshots. Destin hesitated for a moment, wondering if he should run to the sight of the gunshots or continue to find food.
He decided having so many people with powers being hungry and grumpy was a more pressing issue before placing a hand on Freeman's shoulder. "We're going over there." He pointed toward the opposite direction of the gunfire. "Hopefully we'll be back with food."

"Mr. Destin!" Lyn called to him before he finish leaving. "Keep an eye out for a sandy blonde 17 year old with blue eyes, wearing a teal shirt please. James has wandered off."

"We should look for him." Jared insisted.

"If you go out to look for him and he comes back, then we'll have to look for you too. We just need to wait for him to come back, okay." Lyn gave him her patented 'this conversation is over, no protesting' look and pulled him by the waistband of his pants back into their shelter.
Poisyn
Poisyn

Back to top Go down

Post  knight_ac195 Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:16 pm

The corporal, startled by Freeman come crashing through the bushes near him, spins and pulls the trigger on his rifle sending a stream of bullets towards Fola, James and Freeman. Most of the bullets rip through the bushes, trees and hit nothing but air. However one bullet hits James on the left upper thigh, a graze, but enough to cause severe pain and light bleeding. The soldier quickly regains his composure and begins to change the clip on his rifle, always watching the three of them.
knight_ac195
knight_ac195

Back to top Go down

Post  SugaredKittie Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:13 am

James cried out in pain as he stumbled and pulled his weight off his injured leg but he didn't try to move much more. The soldier scared him.

Fola's fingers danced across the soldier's gear that she was holding and found what she was looking for. Her eyes flicked down to make sure she wasn't wrong and she had to stifle her happiness. She only had one chance at this, she pulled it from it's holster and popped the pin. "Freeman, James EYES!" She cried as she released the flash bang right at the unsuspecting soldier. She grabbed James and shouldered his weight as she half carried half dragged him away from the soldier as she snagged Freeman's arm to make him run; she only hoped he had covered his eyes as she had closed her's. But hearing was out of the question until the ringing was gone.
SugaredKittie
SugaredKittie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lindy Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:22 am

Xia looked nervously as she watched them leave looking for food and turned back to Lyn "we need to play a game or something to keep the kids minds off this so they dont stress." though she was freaking out wondering why she heard so many loud noises and worried about the others saftey.
Lindy
Lindy

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Crimson Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:06 am

The bullets that were shot at freeman grazed his upper right arm, left cheek and left thigh. The sound from the gun rang in his ears since the enhanced hearing had not yet ended. When Fola shouted it only mad it worse, but it gave him time cover his eyes before the flash bang went off. The ringing was almost unbearable in his ears from all that had happened, hearing for him was now impossible at least for a while. Freeman is suddenly dragged off by Fola by his arm trying to run, but limping as he ran from the wound on his leg.
Lord Crimson
Lord Crimson

Back to top Go down

Post  knight_ac195 Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:20 am

The corporal glanced down to pull the slide back after inserting a fresh clip into his rifle. He hears the ping sound of a pin being pulled from a grenade and his eyes widen as he sees Fola toss a flashbang at him. "Oh shit!" He dives face first to the ground, but is still partially blinded and deafened by it. He slowly climbs to his feet and shakes his head to clear his vision. Still seeing double he turns and vaguely spots them taking off through the forest. He flicks the switch on his rifle to switch to the grenade launcher attachment and aims towards the fleeing figures. "You bitch... hope you like explosives!" He screams as he pulls the trigger and launches a grenade towards them. It sails over their heads and lands in front of them, not having time to arm the impact detonator at such a short distance, the timed mode kicking on for 5 seconds. He shakes his head again still seeing double and hearing a loud ringing, then shakily moves off in pursuit of them.
knight_ac195
knight_ac195

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Crimson Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:38 am

Freeman not hearing the thump if the grenade either firing or landing he saw it and his eye grew big. As he had a slight panic he seemed to will the grenade from in front of the three to back behind him without touching it. Where it landed he was not sure all he knew is that for the moment they were safe. As they kept moving he looked at his hands astounded at what just happened.
Lord Crimson
Lord Crimson

Back to top Go down

Post  Lindy Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:47 pm

Xia franticly looks in the direction of all the noise and where Freeman went hoping to see everyone coming back soon, as she does she notices that her fingers disappear then her hands follow, she blinks wondering if she is seeing things as she blinks they go back to normal. Looking up a the sun one last time not knowing if she will live to see the sunrise or not she closes her eyes she feels the warmth pulling in the last big of energy she can before it sets.
Lindy
Lindy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next