SugaredKittie's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Most Dangerous Game

+2
Lindy
SugaredKittie
6 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The Most Dangerous Game - Page 4 Empty Re: The Most Dangerous Game

Post  SugaredKittie Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:22 pm

Fola stares for a long moment at Freeman as she blinked and tried to process what had just happened. "I am so going to ask you questions about that..." She muttered, "but first we wrap up the wounds and we get the hell out of here."

She dug through the gear pack to hopefully find the minor medical kit that almost all soldiers carried on them; she found it and felt a weight lifted off her chest. "Just sit there for a moment James..." She murmured as she pulled out an antiseptic. "This is going to hurt." She smeared the antiseptic on the wound then tore a strip of the muslin and wrapped it around the wound. "It's not perfect but it's better than you dying from something that gets in there and makes it septic. Now Freeman your turn."

She set to work at applying the medical stuff to his wounds and wrapping those she could. She sighed and stuffed the medical stuff back into the gear pack. "We'll have to make this last as long as possible." She said as she closed up the gear and began setting it right on her back. "Carry what you can, we'll probably need it all. Then we get back to the group and we move them, fast."

She set off without waiting, heading directly back to the little "cave" where everyone was waiting. She was tried, she wasn't use to running around as much as she had been, but they couldn't stop now, they needed to be safe and fast. She reached the group quickly since they had not been far, which perked her fear, and she sucked in a breath. "We're not safe here," she started as she shifted the pack. "We need to move and fast. I suggest we go back to the city, find a big building that has fallen over. It will make good shelter and enough of a maze that we will have a chance to hear the soldiers coming. Plus, if we head right back at them I believe they won't be looking for us there. We'll have the upper hand to head back into the city and find something safe there. We'll try to stick to the edge of the city, where we're still close to the tree line and more safety if we need it, but we'll need somewhere safe, somewhat warm, and definitely dry if we want to live. I'll go ahead with Freeman if he can still keep up, if not I can go alone or someone else can come with me, but I suggest you all follow quickly. Don't wait, just get everyone together and let's go."

She turned and began walking again, this time at a different angle than they had been using, but still heading back towards the city.
SugaredKittie
SugaredKittie
Admin

https://sugaredkittie.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  knight_ac195 Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:23 pm

The corporal curses again and kicks the grenade off to the side but it detonates before traveling too far. The concussion wave tosses him against a nearby tree knocking him unconscious.

The squad, having heard multiple gunshots and grenade detonations, breaks off pursuit and rushes back to the sounds location. They find the corporal down on the ground and the medic rushes over to check him. "He's alive Lt. Out cold but he will be ok, just needs some time and water.

The Lt nods, "Alright, we need to break off pursuit for now and get to the rendezvous point. Let's give him a few minutes of rest. Sergeant, private go set up a perimeter."

The two men nod and move 10 feet from the downed soldier, patrolling in a random route around the area.
knight_ac195
knight_ac195

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Crimson Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:48 pm

Freeman looks at Fola as she speaks to him and banages him up, his hearing still not returned to him. As she grabs him again and they take off running he huffs and puffs until they get to the "cave". As they arrive his hearing starts to come back the sounds of the people are muffled and he sticks a finger in his ear trying to clear the cob webs. As he sees Fola just kind of mumble he yells thinking he is talking normally, "I CAN'T HEAR YOU I AM STILL DEAF FROM THE FLASH BANG SOUND!"
Lord Crimson
Lord Crimson

Back to top Go down

Post  Lindy Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:00 pm

Xia giggles slightly at Freeman's yelling then sees he was hurt, "OMG are you ok? you need to set down!" pulling him down to a rock. "Fola wait ill go with you, you dont need to go alone." Xia turned and jogged toward her trying to stay quiet.
Lindy
Lindy

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Crimson Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:13 pm

Looked at Xia as he was pulled down to the rock and sat with a ugh. As he sat there he watched and waited for what was happening next. The sounds around him were finally returning to normal, just not all the way yet. Most people still sounded like they were whispering.
Lord Crimson
Lord Crimson

Back to top Go down

Post  SugaredKittie Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:47 am

Fola shifted the heavy weight of the gear from shoulder to shoulder as she slowed down enough to let Xia catch up to her. She picked her pace up again when the blond caught up, she didn't want to lose any time. They pushed through some of the undergrowth and ran into Destin and Kota. She paused a moment and called them over.

"Mr. Destin, Kota... I need you two to return to the camp and get everyone together. We need to move out before the soldiers find our camp site. Xia and I are going to find some building that will be good for shelter and safety, when we find it I'll return to the trees to lead all of you to it. We'll do it in small batches, we can't have all of us crossing back into the city at once, but hopefully we'll all get to the shelter without anymore injury than we already have."

"There have been injuries?" Destin asked in shock.

Fola bit her lip. "Yes... James was grazed by a bullet when he followed me and Freeman was injured as well. He lost his hearing in a grenade explosion but it should be returning to normal shortly."

"James was shot?!? How could you let him get shot!? This can't be happening! What are we all suppose to do! I didn't think they would really hunt us!"

"Mr. Destin!" Fola snapped, she was tired and did not want to deal with anyone's breakdowns just yet. "James and Freeman are fine but if we don't get moving to a safe place there will be a lot more than just minor injuries, many of us will be dead. So if you would please go back to camp and just get everyone up and moving into the trees that would be greatly appreciated." She didn't wait for a response, she just moved on, heading back to the city and the hope of some shelter for everyone.
SugaredKittie
SugaredKittie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SugaredKittie Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:53 am

Adilah walked over to Freeman and sat down in front of him like any five year old would. "Those men with metal sticks aren't coming." She said as she tilted her head to one side and listened to something no one else could hear. "They're staying with their friend who's sleeping. Then they're going somewhere else. But the sleeping man saw you. He saw which way you went. They'll be back in the morning with more men with metal sticks, won't they? They'll come for us in the morning if we stay here, I don't want to stay here anymore... It isn't fun, I don't like this game."

She pouted, but was still mostly lost in her head so she wasn't getting upset yet, just talking. For now that was a good thing, they would worry about her getting upset again later. If she got upset again she could potentially give away their position with her fire ability, but for now they all were safe.
SugaredKittie
SugaredKittie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Crimson Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:15 pm

Freeman looked down at adilah barely hearing what she was saying. He placed a hand on her head and gave her a great big smile, "how do you know all this Adilah?"
Lord Crimson
Lord Crimson

Back to top Go down

Post  SugaredKittie Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:10 pm

Adilah pointed at the sky, her finger following a flock of birds. "I can hear them. They're talking about it. They don't like those people with the metal sticks because those hurt and make death. They're warning everyone else. They don't want to be caught." She pouted more as she stared up at him with big eyes. "Can we stop playing this game now?"
SugaredKittie
SugaredKittie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lindy Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:42 pm

Xia looked at Fola "Give me some of that to carry it looks heavy and your running out of enery, and I dont think Mr. Destin is to happy with you." Xia giggled slightly feeling really hyper and remembering how her fingers and hand disappeared. "Fola, earlier my fingers and hands disappeared but was only a split second it was awesome though." Xia realized she was talkin kinda loud so she got quiet following quietly not really sure where they were goin since she wasnt good with directions when the sun wasnt up.
Lindy
Lindy

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Crimson Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:50 pm

Freeman smiled at Adilah, "so you are able to talk to the birds huh?" The question is rhetorical as he sits there kind of nursing his wounds, "Yeah we can stop playing this game. We will play a new game okay?" Freeman smiled at her trying not to let her know of the real danger that lurked outside this cave somewhere.
Lord Crimson
Lord Crimson

Back to top Go down

Post  SugaredKittie Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:03 pm

Fola glanced at Xia while she handed over some of the gear. "I would think that your hands vanished because of your powers. Maybe you have something like invisibility. I'm not really sure, only time and practice will tell us all that we can do. I know Mr. Destin isn't happy with me but there's nothing any of us can really do about the situation right now. We need to find a safe place for all of us. Maybe we'll even find those supplies in one of the buildings we check out."

Fola stopped talking as she felt them getting closer to the abandoned city. She moved slowly, legs bent, so she was lower to the ground and hopefully harder to see; she was getting better at sneaking around in this unfamiliar woods. She spotted a building that had completely collapsed on its side. It appeared to be completely impenetrable which would be perfect. She signaled Xia to stop as she dropped all of the gear but the bullet proof vest. She slipped it on, strapping it down as best she could to her slightly smaller frame; her breasts helped fill it out and keep it from chaffing. Then she was off, running full force across the open ground to the building. She made it, no one shot at her, and she was now out of sight against the building. She scanned the building over from top to bottom and spotted a broken window. Carefully she pulled the rest of the panes out of the one window and stood back; it didn't look any different and hopefully wasn't noticeable so she went in.

She had to keep her head low at force, crab walking into the building before she could finally stand up right. She had a moment of vertigo as her eyes tried to see the building as it was around her and her brain tried to tell her it was wrong, but it went away quickly and she hunted through the floor she stood on. On the far end of the floor that was now a wall she found a large crack and after assessing it for a long moment she slid through it.

Another floor another maze; exactly how she wanted it. She kept searching, hoping to find another way to another floor and lucked out. She kept going, she was sure she was getting close to the bottom and didn't want to have the group that exposed, but as she reached the last section she realized they would be safe this far down; the entire lower half of the building where it had collapsed was an impassable mangle or concrete and metal. There would be no way for someone to get through it unless they brought in a bulldozer or something just as loud and they would have enough warning to escape before they ever got through. So she backtracked to the area she first entered and tried to see if there was another way to the top, nothing she could get through at this time but with a little luck she would be able to open up the whole building to the group to use as a safe haven.

Finally, after she felt sure everyone would be safe in the building she left out the broken window. Outside she took a long breath of fresh air and scanned the trees for Xia. She caught her, she sadly wasn't hard to miss, but that didn't matter. She listened, waiting to see if maybe she could hear some noise that would indicate any soldiers were around and heard nothing, she would just have to trust her instincts and run across while hoping she wouldn't get shot.

She made it. and let out a breath of relief. "That building..." She panted as she pointed at the one she had come from. "Is as perfect as we're going to get. It has shelter from the elements and might even retain some heat if we get a fire going, plus it's hard to get into and it will be easy to defend until we need to escape. We'll go over with the gear and I will show you how to get to the spot I'm thinking of, then stand by that empty window so we can get everyone in." Again she indicated it with her hand. "I'll go back and get the group then we'll sent them across two at a time or so so we don't attract any attention. Hopefully, this will work."

She hoisted her gear again and stuck the helmet on Xia's head before she scooted back to the edge of the forest and looked out. She took a deep breath then sprinted, full force again, to the building and the safety of it's walls. She only hoped Xia could run just as fast.
SugaredKittie
SugaredKittie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SugaredKittie Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:07 pm

Adilah blinked but smiled. "So we can play a new game? What game are we going to play? Are Fola and Xia going to play too? When are they getting back? Why is your arm a funny color? it looks like it's crying. When do we get to play the new game? Does that mean we get to leave this area? Where are we going?" She asked questions like any small child would, a million at once while expecting the other person to be able to answer all of them as she went.
SugaredKittie
SugaredKittie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lindy Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:18 pm

Xia wrinkled her nose as Fola putting the helmet on her head not wanting it to mess her hair up but knowing that she had to have it and picked up the gear as she listened to Fola tell her where she was going and followed as fast as she could wondering how Fola ran so fast with little energy. Half way over she realized what Fola had told her that she was gonna wait here by the window. "Wait your leaving me here alone? how...i dont..no...what if they go go by here and see the window missing?" Xia whispered to her trying to catch her breath as she started to panic not really wanting to be left alone. "How will i get ahold of you if something happens?" her mind kept thinking of the worst as she noticed her hands and arms starting to disappear again.
Lindy
Lindy

Back to top Go down

Post  SugaredKittie Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:35 pm

Fola stood by the window as she let Xia catch up to her. "The building has fallen over, there are other windows cracked and even missing, most of this just looks like damage from it falling over and if you want to stay on the inside of the window until I get back. One of us needs to stay over here to help get the people inside and safe. You'll be alright, trust me." She slid in the window, trying not to disturb the dust as much as possible so as to not perk any interest; she was going to have to keep some dirt on hand to cover their tracks. Maybe even make everyone carry some around so that they can cover up anything they do when they leave or enter.

She motioned for Xia to follow her and she quickly slid through the gaps in the concrete to lead her back to where she decided they would make their camp. She sat the gear down in one corner, intent on looking through it better when she had a moment to actually rest then let Xia put her collection down before going back through the building. They made the pass a few times to get use to it then she headed back to their entrance. She collected a large handful of dirt then slid outside the broken window.

"You should be able to see the tree line through these back windows without getting caught. When I come back with the group I will get your attention. We have a lot of bright colors I'm sure I can use one of them to get your attention. Then I will send one or two over at a time. You will take them back to our room and then come back. The time in between should be enough to arousing any suspicion but just to be sure take different paces when you take the people back to and return from our room. That should make it even less likely to draw attention to any one of us." She smiled and touched Xia's arm lightly then she was off, dashing back across the open area and through the woods before anyone was the wiser. She would bring back the rest of the group and get them all to safety before full dark hit, she needed to.
SugaredKittie
SugaredKittie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lindy Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:50 pm

Xia watched as Fola left hoping she wouldnt be gone to long. She moved out of plain view in a shaded area not sure what to do she starts to concentrate on her powers seeing what she can do. She really wants to figure out how she made her hands disappear hoping if she masters that she will be able to help get food better. She rememberd her fingers glowing and chuckles wishing she could have hit the soldire then and there, as she was thinking about that her fingers started glowing again making her realize her emotions contributed to her powers. She lookd out the window quickly not seeing anything going back to the dark corner holding her knees feeling sick with worry hoping they all make it to the safe place with out being seen. She then remembers Freeman and James got hurt and started to worry even more hopin they would be able to keep up with Fola.
Lindy
Lindy

Back to top Go down

Post  SugaredKittie Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:31 pm

Fola was tired. She had a stitch in her side and her legs ached from all the movement. In fact, her entire body ached from the on and off adrenaline and fear rushes but it didn't look like she would be getting a break any time soon. She needed to get the camp to safety then take someone and see if they can hopefully find one of those one day food supplies. Her trek was slower this round then when she left, her energy was falling and she needed to eat, but she needed to keep going. Almost done.... She told herself as she rounded the corner and caught sight of the camp. Just get them to safety and then you can find the food. That shouldn't be too hard...

She entered the camp and huffed. "Alright people Xia and I found a safe place for us to stay. If all of you would follow me we can get this done before full dark." She smiled a strained smile before she turned and slowly made her way back towards the city. She waited just inside the trees for the others to follow.
SugaredKittie
SugaredKittie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Crimson Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:59 pm

Freeman stood slowly and looked at Fola and nodded as he walked to the treeline and saw Fola standing there and stopped, "Lead the way." Freeman said as he waited for FOla and followed her once she started towards the city again.
Lord Crimson
Lord Crimson

Back to top Go down

Post  SugaredKittie Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:35 pm

Fola took Adilah's hand as the girl followed behind Freeman and carefully led the group of people that had joined her to their new "home". Though it was more like a hideout then a home at this point but maybe if they could find some brooms to clean up the area and maybe some bedding if any still survived on this island. She was already planning an exploration of the island, maybe a small team of two or three would leave and go explore. See if there is anything they can find any left over cans of food, though she doubted any survived in this salty air, or some clothing scraps, some bedding, something to make their say here easier.

But that was just the minor plan. In the end they would need to beat this "game". They would need to win, and that meant they would need to be stronger, they would need to be better, and they would need to beat a well trained, well geared, well oiled team of military soldiers; and that looked like a losing battle already.

Fola stopped and looked across the open expanse of concrete to the toppled over building; she was pleased. If you did not know what you were looking for you would never know that people were occupying the fallen skyscraper. She turned to Adilah and Freeman.

"Okay, this is how we're going to do this. We're going two at a time because I only have one helmet and one vest. You are going to run to that building. Xia will lead you to our new safe place at different paces. We are going to try and make this run as irregular as we possibly can. I'm also going to try and use my wind power to bring back the helmet and the vest for the next group. If we do this right we'll be inside before night fall. Maybe we'll even have time to go look for that food supply they told us about."
SugaredKittie
SugaredKittie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lindy Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:21 pm

Xia looked nervously out the window hoping she would see Fola with the group. She walked back to the dark area she stayed when she was hiding between checking out the window. As she went back to the window a few mins later she notice Fola with Freeman and Adilah and a few others she couldnt make out then they disappeared in the brush. She sat hidden waiting for Fola to send them over. Xia kept looking in the sky hoping she wouldnt see choppers or planes flying over head.
Lindy
Lindy

Back to top Go down

Post  SugaredKittie Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:04 pm

Fola scooted to the edge of the forest and located the window that Xia would be standing near then judged the distance. She looked around her for a rock. Locating a small one she picked it up, tossed it a few times to get the weight then reeled back and long armed the thing at the window. It seemed to be flying on the wind itself and she wondered if her powers were helping the rock to the window but she didn't think about it long as it smacked into the pane then fell to the ground; she hoped that it got Xia's attention.

She stood where she was, leaving herself mostly open which scared her deeply but Xia needed to know she was there, and looked back at her group only to be shocked. The group that came with her was tiny compared to how many had left with her to the forest the first time. She knew that some of them thought it was crazy to go back to the city and it was basically committing suicide so they wanted to stay in the forest where they thought it would be safe. She didn't agree but she couldn't force them to come, so she looked at her small group. Freeman and Adilah were there along with Tammy, Jared and James, but that was it. It was both good and bad to have a small group and she prayed for the safety of the others, but she couldn't think about that right now. She handed Freeman the vest and stuck the helmet on Adilah.

"You two are first." She murmured quietly. "Don't let go of her hand until you get to the building." She indicated Adilah to Freeman then turned back to the building, hoping Xia would come out soon.
SugaredKittie
SugaredKittie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Crimson Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:16 pm

Freeman nodded to Fola as he took the vest and put it on, "Don't worry I won't let her go no matter what. She will be safe with me." Freeman took a deep breath exhaling slowly as her crouched to look Adilah in the eyes and smiled, " Ready to play a game? It is going to be fun okay." He would say this to her with a big smile as not to worry her.
Lord Crimson
Lord Crimson

Back to top Go down

Post  SugaredKittie Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:22 pm

Adilah was rocking the large helmet back and forth on her head, pursing her lips as she gazed off into the forest. Freeman caught her attention as he moved down to her height. "Game?" She cocked her head to one side though she still clutched the helmet. "Do we get food after this game? I'm hungry..." She pouted.
SugaredKittie
SugaredKittie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Crimson Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:24 pm

Freeman smiled and nodded, "I will get you something to eat when we have won the game okay?" Again Freeman would say this with a giant smile on his face.[code]
Lord Crimson
Lord Crimson

Back to top Go down

Post  Lindy Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:44 pm

Xia jumped and about had a heart attack hearing the rock hit. She went to the window slowly looking out seeing Fola, she waved letting her know she saw her and was ready for the first couple people. She looked quickly at the sky making sure she didnt see any choppers or anything then back at them shaking her head giving the go ahead-
Lindy
Lindy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next